Colonial & Euclid Arcades
Kendall Building: 1887 | 1929 renovation, Walker & Weeks
Colonial Hotel and Arcade: 1898 | Smith & Eisemann
Hoyt Building: 1898 | George Smith
Euclid Arcade: 1911 | Franz Warner
Consisting of a total of five buildings in downtown Cleveland, the $23 million mixed-use project included 323,000 sq. ft. of offices and outdated hotel space. The existing small hotel rooms with shared baths, were combined to establish 175 extended stay suites with full kitchens. Approximately 65,000 sq. ft. of ground level retail areas in the Colonial and Euclid arcades were restored, including all existing plaster ornamentation, marble and glazed terracotta storefronts, and skylights. The historic lobby and ballroom were also maintained including stain-glass. A connection between the arcades was established at the middle of the complex to allow the public to circulate freely, conforming to the standards and requirements of a major hotel franchise while simultaneously meeting the Secretary of the Interior Rehabilitation Guidelines.
Services Provided: Architect of Record, Preservation Consultant for Federal & State Historic Tax Credits