1930 | Cleveland, Ohio
George B. Post & Sons, Original Architect
Fenn Tower was originally constructed to house the exclusive National Town and Country Club. The twenty-one story Art Deco building was built at a cost of $1.5 million and included a gymnasium, running track, swimming pool, solarium, and 160 sleeping rooms, in addition to a ball room and banquet hall. The club closed in 1937 and was converted to house classrooms, dormitories, and amenities for Fenn College, which would later be acquired by Cleveland State University in 1964. The $24 million rehabilitation rehabilitated the 180,000 square foot building exclusively as university housing, maintaining elevator and stair lobby, ballroom, library, gym and squash courts. The rehabilitated building opened in August 2006 with a total of 438 beds available.
Services Provided: Architect of Record