Fries & Schuele Block
1889 | Cleveland, Ohio
Hubbell and Benes, Original Architect
G.B. Bohen, 1932-34 renovation
Fries & Schuele was one of Cleveland's pioneer dry goods stores, and one of the west side's oldest department stores. The five story white terra cotta building was rehabilitated in 2001 to introduce 36 residential units; a combination of condominium and townhouse units are separated by an interior courtyard. Including the first floor restaurant and office spaces, the $5 million project totals more than 110,000 sq. ft. of space in the heart of Ohio City.
Services Provided: Architect of Record, Preservation Consultant for Federal & State Historic Tax Credits, Conservation Easements