1912 | Sandusky, Ohio
Henry Millott, Original Architect
Located just two blocks from the Sandusky Bay, Hotel Rieger was constructed in three phases between 1912-1926. The five story Neo-Classical style hotel was the first fireproof building in the city, and functioned in the hospitality business until the late 1960s. Comprehensive rehabilitation of the building was completed in 2014 to include 37 residential units and approximately 12,000 sf of retail space at ground level. Construction cost of the 65,000 sf project totaled $7.4 million and features a restored red brick facade with terracotta cornice, terrazzo flooring, and decorative plaster ceilings.
Services Provided: Architect of Record, Preservation Consultant for Federal & State Historic Tax Credits