Old Stone Church
1884 | Cleveland, Ohio
Charles Schweinfurth, Original Architect
A long time landmark of downtown Cleveland, Old Stone Church is the oldest building on Public Square. An extensive effort was undertaken to return the building to its original configuration, including complete masonry restoration, reinstating the missing 19th-century steeple, restoring the sanctuary interior and stained glass windows, rehabilitating the chapel, and introducing new sound, lighting and life safety systems throughout. The $2.5 million restoration was completed in 1999.
Services Provided: Preservation Architect, Architect of Record, Code Compliance, Interiors