1930 | Canton, Ohio
J.C. Stevens, Original Architect
Ballroom addition (1941), Office tower addition (1958)
The 12-story Onesto Hotel opened as a premier hotel in the heart of Canton in August 1930, and would operate as such until closing in 1974. The building exhibits Commercial style design with Georgian Revival detailing. The 65,000 sf building was rehabilitated to house 45 luxury lofts and 3 retail units at ground level. Completed in 2015, the $12.3 million project included restoration of the grand hotel lobby defined by painted decorative plaster arches and the original crystal chandelier.
Services Provided: Architect of Record, Preservation Consultant for Federal & State Historic Tax Credits