1915 | Cleveland, Ohio
William Bunker Tubby, Original Architect
The Beaux-Arts style Rockwell Building was completed as office space and a showroom for the East Ohio Gas Company in 1915. The building was “the first private sector response to the 1903 Group Plan concept and set a precedent for other private buildings that followed near it on the east border of the Mall.” The interior has been remodeled numerous times over the course of the building’s history; most of those modifications, along with many of the historic finishes, have been removed by previous owners. The interior rehabilitation was guided by existing historic fabric and limited information available from historic drawings and one historic photo, in order to reflect the building true historic value.
Services Provided: Preservation, Architect of Record, Preservation Consultant for Federal & State Historic Tax Credits.