1907 | Cleveland, Ohio
Robert D. Kohn, Original Architect
Constructed for textile manufacturer H. Black & Company, Tower Press is recognized as the first reinforced concrete structure in Cleveland. The large ornamented water tower exhibits the extended effort of the owner and architect to give the building both a physical and functional beauty. Rehabilitation of Tower Press included the introduction of 3 retail spaces, 80 live-work spaces, and supporting amenities. Sixteen of the first floor live-work spaces house visual artists, with the ability to function as an open gallery.
Services Provided: Architect of Record, Preservation Consultant for Federal & State Historic Tax Credits