Union Gospel Press
c.1860-1940 | Cleveland, Ohio
Union Gospel Press is an approximately 155,000 sq. ft. complex comprised of 13 masonry and 2 wood frame buildings in the Tremont neighborhood just south of downtown Cleveland. Constructed in phases over eight decades, the interconnected buildings now enclose one large courtyard and two smaller ones. The architect remains unknown but the majority of the complex was constructed for the Gospel Worker’s Society as a missionary, hospital, and evangelical publishing house. The intricate and challenging interiors of the interconnected buildings were rehabilitated to house 102 units, consisting of both residential apartments and extended stay suites. The $21 million project was completed in 2009.
Services Provided: Architect of Record; Preservation Consulting for Federal and State Historic Tax Credits