1866 | Cleveland, Ohio
Joseph Ireland, Original Architect
The mansion was built in 1866 for Anson Stager, general superintendent of the Western Union Telegraph Company. In 1869, Stager sold the house to T. Sterling Beckwith of Beckwith, Sterling and Company a carpet and interior decorating firm. A group purchased the house in 1913 to begin the University Club of Cleveland that grew and prospered during most of the 20th century. The mansion is one of the last remaining of “Millionaire’s Row”. Rehabilitation of the 66,000 sq. ft. Italianate and Second French Empire style mansion included rehabilitating the Mansion, Annex, Carriage House and Sports Center to function as the main campus building for Myers University. The project was completed in 2004 at a total construction cost of $10 million.
Services Provided: Architect, Interior Designer, Preservation Consultant for Federal Tax Credit, Conservation Easement