Walker & Weeks
1926 | Cleveland, Ohio
Walker & Weeks, Original Architect
The partnership of Frank R. Walker and Henry E. Weeks grew during a period of rapid urban expansion and booming industry of the 1920s. The firm's annual volume of construction during the twenties was between $5 and $10 million. They met the demands of complexity and largeness of scale by developing their departmentalized organization, exhibited in their own office building. The firm occupied 9,700 square feet on the fifth and sixth floors, leased the ground floor to a Lincoln Motor Car dealer and the intermediate floors to other tenants. Behind the classic façade, typical of their style of architecture, is a factory-like concrete-frame structure that allowed ample clerestory light into the space.
Services Provided: Architect of Record, Preservation Consultant for Federal & State Historic Tax Credits.