West Tech Lofts
1911-1912 | Cleveland, OH
F.S. Barnum & W.R. McCormack, Original Architects
Originally known as West Technical High School, the fireproof education building was constructed in phases for the rapidly expanding Cleveland Public Schools. West Tech was widely regarded as a state of the art facility in both modern convenience and curriculum, and was the largest high school in the state of Ohio until 1971. Phased rehabilitation in 2006 resulted in nearly 180 new residential apartment units. The original auditorium was badly damaged in a fire in 1999, and was restored as part of the comprehensive rehabilitation project.
Services Provided: Architect of Record, Preservation Consultant for Federal & State Historic Tax Credits.